WIC (Women, Infants, Children) is a nutrition education program for pregnant women, women who have a baby less than six months old, breastfeeding mothers, and infants and children up to 5 years old. WIC provides individualized nutrition counseling, nutritious foods, help in finding health care, breastfeeding support and education, voter registration, and farmer's market coupons for fresh fruits and vegetables during the summer months.
NEED THE FORMS TO FILL OUT FOR YOUR WIC APPOINTMENT? Click here to print out and fill in your forms in advance to speed up your WIC Certification or Recertification appointment.
WIC also provides nutrition classes on topics like infant feeding, breastfeeding, story time with snacks, and special holiday theme events. For breastfeeding moms returning to work or school, WIC may provide electric breast pumps.
Contact: Phone: 419-774-4560; Tina Picman, MS, RDLD, CLC, WIC Director.
Note: The WIC Office located at Richland Public Health (555 Lexington Ave., Mansfield) which oversees both Mansfield and Ashland WIC.
WIC RICHLAND COUNTY
Mansfield Office: 555 Lexington Avenue, Mansfield, Ohio 44907. Phone: 419-774-4560
HOURS: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday. Every Wednesday includes the evening clinic and hours that day are 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Closed Saturday & Sunday.
WIC ASHLAND COUNTY
Ashland Office: 934 Center Street, Suite E, Ashland, Ohio 44805. Phone: 419-289-3359
HOURS: Monday and Tuesday hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday hours are 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Closed on Thursday and Friday.
Who Is Eligible for WIC?
- Pregnant Women
- Breastfeeding Mothers
- Postpartum Women
- Infants and children up to five years old
- Live in Richland County or Ashland County
- Are at nutritional and medical risk
- Must be at or below the WIC income guidelines
WIC Income Guidelines
|Family Size||Monthly |
|Family of 2||$2,426.00|
|Family of 3||$3,051.00|
|Family of 4||$3,677.00|
|Family of 5||$4,303.00|
How Do You Get WIC?
Make an appointment at the WIC Clinic. During your appointment, you will talk with a WIC nutritionist. If eligible, based on where you live, you will receive coupons to buy nutritious foods at a local grocery store or pharmacy.
Benefits of Being Enrolled in the WIC Program:
- You receive nutrition education for yourself and your children, including great recipes.
- You get nutritious foods at no cost.
- WIC helps save money. You can use the saved money to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, baby foods and other foods that WIC does not provide.
- WIC helps babies and children grow up healthy!
- Nutrition Education and breastfeeding peer helper program/breast pump loan program.
- Referral to health care.
- Immunization screenings and referral.
- Supplemental foods like: milk, cheese, cereal, juices, eggs, peanut butter, beans, whole grain bread, brown rice, fruits and vegetables. Canned tuna fish or salmon if you are breastfeeding. Infant formula available along with baby food and baby cereal.
- Coupons for fresh fruits and vegetables redeemable at Farmer's Market and roadside stands.
- Voter Registration.
HEY MOM...GIVE WIC A CALL!
In Richland County...Call 419-774-4560
In Ashland County...Call 419-289-3359
Other locations in Ohio...Call 1-800-755-grow (4769)
The mission of the WIC program is to improve the health status and prevent health problems among Ohio's at-risk women, infants, and children.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. WIC is a Federal program run by and headquartered at Richland Public Health.